Friday, July 20, 2012

My Research Paper on Van Gelder Available Online

In 2009, my peer-reviewed research paper on John Van Gelder was published in the New York State Museum Bulletin No. 511, Mohican Seminar 3:  The Journey-An Algonquian Peoples Seminar.  I was recently very surprised to discover that it was available free on line from the New York State Museum following this link:  http://www.nysm.nysed.gov/staffpubs/docs/20361.pdf.  I find this rather confusing since this state is always saying it has a lack of money.  Be that as it may, people can now easily find this research paper on my ancestor and find out where he really came from.  He was not taken in by a Dutch or German family.  He was not part white.  In the future I hope to write a book on the history of John Van Gelder's family and its genealogy.

1 comment: