Thursday, October 17, 2013

More Mystery Photos

I have a few more photos on my father's side of the family in which people are unidentified. I suspect the photo below was taken on West Center Street, Lee, Mass., in the 1920s.  The woman on the left is my great-aunt Janette Winchell Schwab.

Aunt Janette was the daughter of Henry Franklin Winchell Sr. and Alice Belle Snyder.  Henry and Alice were married in 1895 in Great Barrington.  In 1900 they lived in Shelton, CT.  By 1910 they settled in  Housatonic, Mass.

Janette was the granddaughter of John Martin Snyder and Jane Frances Hoyt.  In the 1870s the Snyders lived in West Stockbridge.  By 1880 they settled on North Plain Road in Housatonic.  It's likely the other women in the photos were either relatives or neighbors.

This couple may have lived in the same area.

This photo was probably taken on Golden Hill Road in Lenox Dale, Mass.
This is a lovely photo of a young mother and her baby, but I don't know who they were or where it was taken.
Lastly is this nice family photo, also at an unknown location. The woman wearing the hat and coat is my great-aunt Janette again, much later in life, possibly taken in the late 1940s.  It's possible the woman on the far left is a relative.
Update
I think the older woman in the first and last photos might be the same woman.  She strongly resembles Janette's mother, so she may have been a Snyder aunt.  I believe these are grandchildren posing with her, and that doesn't necessarily help identify her.

No comments:

Post a Comment